Wednesday 20 June 2018

The Theory

I researched news articles of modern architecture in order to inform my theory.

I found the proposed Magic Tower in Melbourne. This building is to be the worlds most slender building measuring 362 metres on a 173 square metre block of land. A few aspects of the building caught my attention.


I am interested in how each floor is one residential home. I like how the space is open.


Using this triangular geometry, I also appreciated the symmetry of the building.

A few words that have informed my theory is:

Geometric
Symmetrical
Open 

I want to create a building that incorporates these three architectural principles,whereby I can recreate open spaces in a symmetrical, geometric building that makes the space feel bigger than it is.

Reference
Linda Cheng, 2018, Architecture AU, World's Most Slender Tower Proposed for Melbourne
<https://architectureau.com/articles/worlds-most-slender-tower-proposed-for-melbourne/#img=5



No comments:

Post a Comment